Corn and Crab Quesadillas
Makes 4 Servings
1/2 Tsp Chili Powder
2 Ear Yellow Corn, Husks and Silk Removed
1 1/2 Tbsp Corn or Grape Seed Oil
4 Burrito- Sized Flour Tortillas
1/4 lb. Fresh Lump Crabmeat
1 Cup Monterey Jack Cheese, Shredded
1/4 Cup Chopped Cilantro, Plus Green Onion
1. Preheat over 375 degrees.
2. Stir together chili powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.
3. Rub each ear of corn with 1 tsp. oil, then rub with spice blend.
4. Put in large baking dish and roast , turning occasionally, until kernels are lightly browned and beginning to wrinkle, about 35 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, let cool, and then cut kernels from cobs. Divide corn amongst tortillas, mounding it on one-half of each tortilla.
6. Top corn with equal amounts of crabmeat, cheese, and chopped cilantro then green onion. In that order. Fold tortillas in half.
7. Heat remaining 21/2 tsp oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
8. When oil is hot, add filled tortillas and cook until golden on first side, 3-4 minutes. Turn carefully and cook until second side is golden and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes more.
9. Cook in batches, if needed. Serve hot, whole or cut into wedges, garnish with cilantro sprigs.